Museums, excellent sporting and recreational facilities, a bustling CBD and the natural beauty of the area are all a treat for visitors to Temora. Drive an hour from Wagga to explore beautifully maintained streetscapes and parks, complemented by Edwardian and Federation architecture, the scenery will definitely encourage you to slow down, relax and take it all in.
But if flying is your thing, get to Temora and take in the action. The Temora Aviation Museum has arguably the world’s finest collection of flying warbird aircraft, including the only two flying Spitfires and the oldest flying Tiger Moth in Australia. Flying displays occur regularly throughout the year.
Explore more than three acres of historic Australian treasures at the Temora Rural Museum. Regularly changing exhibitions tell stories of how the nation was shaped through hard work and agriculture. In addition, the museum includes the only Ambulance Museum in NSW, Sir Donald Bradman’s first home, Wiradjuri Keeping Place and much more.
Get your flapper on and step back in time by taking a journey 25 minutes west of Temora to discover Ariah Park, a village that has changed little since the roaring 1920s. Famed for bowsers, wowsers and peppercorn trees, this charming community hosts a range of regular country events and is home to the first bulk grain haulage with a bronze statue commemorating it.
Lake Centenary is a popular venue for water skiing, swimming, sailing, paddleboats and fishing. The grassy banks and free gas barbecues provide the ideal spot for a family picnic or to watch the V8 jet boats in action. Walk or cycle from town along the picturesque pathway and earn an extra sausage on the barbie!
Top 5 things to do in Temora Shire
- Explore Temora’s museums – Temora Aviation Museum, Temora Rural Museum and Railway Temora
- Enjoy the Lake Loop walking path around picturesque Lake Centenary
- Explore the heritage village of Ariah Park with its wide verandahs, quirky petrol bowsers and beautiful country pub
- Catch up on the latest flick or an intimate live performance at the Town Hall Theatre
- Pick up a self-guided heritage walks brochure from the Visitor Information Centre and discover the history behind the stunning architecture of Temora’s main street precinct