Dream now, explore later
We can’t wait to welcome visitors back to our Wagga Wagga + Surrounds region. From June 1, 2020, travel restrictions due to Covid-19 will be eased allowing regional travel within New South Wales again.
Please remember if you are travelling that some social distancing and other measures to keep us all safe at this time will still be in place.
If you choose to stay at home and not travel just yet, that's OK too. We still encourage you to plan adventures to our region from home - dream about all the exploring you will do in our Wagga Wagga + Surrounds region at a later date.
For locals, why not be a visitor in your own backyard? Below is a list of top five activities you can do while social distancing, enjoying our city’s natural wonder and even supporting local businesses through this time.
Social distancing, Wagga Wagga style:
- Get back to nature | Social distancing guidelines still allow exercising. So, why not head out for a walk or a cycle on one of our city’s trails. Pick from the Wiradjuri Trail, Pomingalarna Reserve or Lake Albert walking track. Remember: at this time, don’t spend too long outside or stopping to take in the (wonderful) sights
- Local food and bars you can take home | many local cafes are still open for a morning take away coffee, restaurants and pubs are providing take away meals and home delivery – many contactless. See our Visit Wagga Wagga blog posts for more details on how many Wagga Wagga businesses are changing and innovating their way through this time.
- Shop local | who doesn’t love an excuse to online shop?! Support your local businesses at this time by jumping online and processing an order – grab some local wine, shop wares from local boutiques, even buy a gift voucher to use when businesses reopen. More on this also over on our Visit Wagga blog.
- Virtual events | Many regular events, even some new pop-up events, are moving online. Watch a whole concert from your living room, unwind with a virtual yoga class or keep the kids entertained with online story time of cooking classes. Head to our Visit Wagga What’s On page for local online events. Hosting an online event? Tell us about it by sending a message to our Wagga Events Facebook page.
- Stay social | Whether it’s from your backyard, front yard or when you are out exercising, remember to take in the natural beauty of our city – think breathtaking sunrises or sunsets – and, share it with us online through our Visit Wagga Wagga social media pages, Facebook and Instagram. Don’t forget to hashtag your pics using, #visitwagga
We also haven't forgotten about our neighbours at this time. For information on our surrounding areas and where you could road trip to when travel is encouraged again, head to the Wander section on our website.
COVID-19 Important Information
Looking for the most up-to-date COVID-19 information? Below are some handy links for health, government and support material to keep you informed.