Choose our adventure
In celebration of Visit Wagga Wagga edging closer to 10,000 followers on Instagram, we're running a special social media competition.
If you're an Australian social media influencer or photographer, then we want you to come and showcase our region.
Enter to #visitwagga thanks to Visit Wagga!
However, there is one small catch. Our 10,000 Instagram followers will choose the #visitwagga adventures the winner embarks on. Food feasting or refined dining? Discovering nature via two wheels or four wheels? Sleeping under the stars or in five-star luxury? Our followers decide.
If you're up for a bit of unexpected fun, while experiencing and capturing our picturesque part of the world, then apply today. Head to our Instagram and send us a DM by Tuesday February 18, 2020 with your influencer or photographer credentials and a short descriptions as to why you would be the perfect ‘Choose our Adventure’ #visitwagga winner!
Full terms and conditions and project brief below.
Permit number: LTPS/20/42171
Terms and conditions
- The promoter of this competition is Wagga Wagga City Council who’s registered office is at Crn of Baylis and Morrow streets, Wagga Wagga, NSW, 2650.
- To be eligible to win, entrants must abide by competition rules as stated in the original competition post.
- Opening date of this competition is Thursday 6 February, 2020. Closing date for entry is 11.59pm Tuesday February 18, 2020. Entries after this time will not be accepted. Winners will be announced on Visit Wagga Wagga social media pages in the days after the closing time and date of this competition.
- Competition open to social media influencers or photographers, 18 years and older and who are Australian residents.
- Prize consists of two night, three day stay in Wagga Wagga, NSW. Stay must be taken between Friday 27 March, 2020 and Thursday 9 April, 2020.
- The prize is as stated only and is not negotiable or transferrable for cash.
- The prizes can only be redeemed by the winners of the competition, as announced on Visit Wagga social media in February 2020.
- The winning draw will be conducted on Thursday 20 February at 12 noon.
- Payment is via all-expenses covered travel to and from Wagga Wagga and during the stay – including meals, travel, attractions.
- Travel expenses covered are from east coast of Australia, unless negotiated and at the discretion of the promoter.
- Winner agrees to develop/create and publish content, and, to have their image in the photographs/content supplied used by Wagga Wagga City Council for the purpose of tourism promotion for the Wagga Wagga + Surrounds region.
- Wagga Wagga City Council accepts no responsibility for inaccurate prize details supplied to the entrant by any third party connected with this competition or anyone indirectly associated with this competition.
- Winner will be notified via social media and promotion of the winner will be published on Visit Wagga Wagga social media pages and at the discretion of third-party businesses associated with this competition.
- The promoter is not responsible for anyone who unlawfully enters the promotion.
- By entering this competition, an entrant is indicating his/her agreement to be bound by these terms and conditions and the project brief associated with this prize.
- Employees of the promoter or their immediate family of such employees are not eligible to win. 'Immediate family' means spouse, parent, child or sibling, whether or not they live in the same household as the employee.
- The promoter’s decision is final in all matters pertaining to the competition.
- The promoter has the right to update these terms and conditions at any time.
- The promoter has the right to suspend or amend any aspect of this competition at any time.
- This competition is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook or Instagram.
Wagga Wagga City Council is seeking expressions of interest from Australian Instagram influencers or photographers to help showcase Wagga Wagga as a leading regional travel destination for visitors.
Content for this project will align with Council’s Visitor Economy and Events marketing campaigns, major projects and events – including celebrating the Visit Wagga Wagga 10K Instagram milestone. Messaging and the brief for this project will be set and coordinated by, and in conjunction with, Wagga Wagga City Council’s Visitor Economy and Events team.
A project brief, timeline, deliverables and other information for this project is outlined below.
Wagga Wagga is a regional city (population >60,000) located on the banks of the Murrumbidgee River. Our city is the largest inland city in New South Wales and is a central hub of the Riverina region in south-west New South Wales.
In 2020, Visit Wagga Wagga’s Instagram platform will reach 10K followers. A significant milestone worth celebrating.
Two night, three day stay in Wagga Wagga, NSW. Stay must be taken between Friday 27 March, 2020 – Thursday 9 April, 2020.
Wagga Wagga City Council’s Visitor Economy and Events team requires high-quality, creative and innovative tourism content captured by high-profile Australian social media influencers or photographers to highlight Wagga Wagga as a vibrant, thriving regional travel destination.
Visit Wagga Wagga markets the Wagga Wagga and wider region as Wagga Wagga + Surrounds (including nine neighbouring Local Government Areas). Some road tripping of the region maybe required.
Visit Wagga Wagga’s marketing and campaigns draw on our region’s strengths and unique appeal and attractions to help attract visitors to our city with messaging that is both refined and rugged – a nod to our physical surrounds – and is shifting from some of the localised ‘marketing’ catch-phrases.
Our aim is to show Wagga Wagga as an accessible (we sit right in the middle of Melbourne and Sydney), hidden gem worth uncovering and exploring. We are a city with city qualities – café and bar culture, theatre and art gallery, markets and boutique shops, back laneway murals. As well we have nature on our doorstep – Murrumbidgee River and a river-front beach, a wetland, bike and walking trails, national parks.
Wagga Wagga’s main target areas for visitors include, Sydney, Melbourne, regional NSW, northern Victoria and Canberra. For this project our unique highlights include nature, agri-tourism, food and culture. These themes will be determined by a popular viewer/user vote through Instagram. The following topics will be put to the Visit Wagga Wagga Instagram community to determine your experiences:
- Nature: Land or Water
- Agri-tourism: Textiles or Tastebuds
- Culture: Inside or Outside
- Nature: Drive or Bike (four wheels or two?)
- Food: Fancy or Feast
- Stay: Camp (Caravan hire) or Comfort
An itinerary with locations and times will be supplied about one week prior to project dates.
This project will deliver (at minimum) the following:
- Social media posts/stories – coverage should be on Instagram, and Facebook if applicable. Posts: minimum of four posts (one each day of the visit – PM posting to allow for content creation and any editing – relevant to the itinerary and Wagga Wagga experiences.
Stories: rolling coverage each day – minimum five different (unique content) story posts a day – relevant to the itinerary and Wagga Wagga experiences
- One travel journal entry/blog on Wagga Wagga and experiences – if applicable for influencer/photographer
- Minimum 40 high resolution images captured during the visit/project dates (10 each day)
Timeline of deliverables
Social media content will be delivered each day of the famil. Blog and high res images to be received no later than two weeks after famil/project dates.
When posting on social media platforms or in written content the following tags/handles and/or websites should be used:
Instagram + Facebook
Specifications and other requirements
- Wagga Wagga City Council to receive non-exclusive licence of all images acquired through this project
- All photography from this project will be used at the discretion of Wagga Wagga City Council, predominantly for tourism promotion of Wagga Wagga + Surrounds, in forms such as (but not limited to) promotional website, printed collateral, social media posts and others
- Any third-party requests for use of the photos to promote Wagga Wagga as a tourism destination will be determined by Wagga Wagga City Council
- All images are to be supplied in high resolution format
- Images should be a mix of landscape and portrait photography, both stylised and natural shots (ie. with and without people, landscape photography, product close ups etc).
- Majority of images provided should have space around the main focus for cropping or graphic overlays – i.e. a mix of subjects that are left and/or right aligned, large amounts of sky etc.
- Itinerary and access to locations will be coordinated by Wagga Wagga City Council, in consultation with influencer or photographer
- Influencer or photographer agrees to have their image in the photographs/content supplied for use by Wagga Wagga City Council for the purpose of tourism promotion for the Wagga Wagga + Surrounds region
Expenses + Travel + Accommodation*
Payment is via all-expenses covered travelling to and from Wagga Wagga and during the stay. Wagga Wagga City Council will cover the cost of accommodation and reasonable expenses for travel (petrol) and meals for the duration of the project. Travel expenses covered for travel on east coast of Australia.
Any travel or meal expenses associated to the project covered by the influencer or photographer will be reimbursed with proof of purchase provided (i.e. receipt).
*Valid to Australian residents only. Payment and travel for east coast of Australia negotiable and at the discretion of Wagga Wagga City Council