What the locals say: Lara Brien
Lara Brien opened Infuso Café nearly four years ago with business partner Stewart Cook and realised a long held dream.
Infuso is located within Turvey Tops Shopping Centre, in the southern suburbs of Wagga Wagga, not far from where she grew up and now lives, and is known for great service, good food and a welcoming environment.
Being a small business owner, Lara’s a little pressed for spare time, but her top five demonstrate a love for food, community and the outdoors.
Lara’s top five things to do in Wagga Wagga + Surrounds:
- Botanic Gardens: I own a Border Collie called Turner, and he needs to taken for a walk each and every day. The Botanic Gardens means we have a great open space, with lots of different areas to walk around, whatever the season.
- The Wagga Beach float: Growing up I spent a lot of time doing the float from The Rocks down to Wagga Beach. My friend and I would eat fresh mango on the walk from the beach to the rocks around the bend, then float back down. It’s such a Wagga thing to do, and the best way to cool off in the middle of summer.
- Turvey Park: I really love my little community here. I love how I know the customers names and their coffee order, and the other shop owners nearby.
- Riverina Producers’ Market: I try to get to the Producers’ Market at the Showground each Thursday to pick up something fresh and delicious to cook for dinner, but be warned, it’s very easy to buy way too much!
- Il Corso Pizza: I’ve been going here for as long as I can remember when I get the chance to go out for dinner – now that I have Infuso, it’s nice to have someone else serve every now and then!
First published: 17 Nov 2017.