Favourite things | Happy campers
Camping out under the stars is a must! With little to no light pollution around here the sky simple glows at night.
Ladies and gentlemen, please take your seats, the show is about to start. Each night after dark our Wagga Wagga + Surrounds region puts on a free, live, light show that mustn't be missed. Directed by Mother Nature herself the nightly show features a cast of a thousand (sometimes more) shining stars. Bring the popcorn, or at least the camera, and sit back and enjoy the show.
Set up camp
Prefer the great outdoors to a hotel room? Then why not stay somewhere underneath our star-filled night skies. There’s plenty of places to set up camp, drop a line in and listen to the sounds of the bush. Here’s our recommendations:
- Wilks Park in North Wagga is a stone’s throw from the CBD and is free for self-contained RVs for stays of up to 72 hours
- Wanting to stay a little closer to the mighty Murrumbidgee River? Oura Reserve (pictured below) is a popular spot filled with natural beauty. Located about 20 minutes from Wagga Wagga, the reserve is perfect for camping, fishing, or just enjoying a day out by the river with a picnic. Make sure you take a seat at the hardwood timber and rusted steel rings that make up the Ageless Oura sculpture.
- Kohlhagen’s Beach (pictured above) in nearby Collingullie has easy access to the water and will give you the sense of being away from world, while only being a short drive from the city lights
Caravan park more your style? Here’s Wagga Wagga’s selection:
- Big4 Wagga Wagga Holiday Park – nestled by the river and short drive to CBD
- Horseshoe Tourist Park – large drive-through sites and cabins available
- Wagga Wagga Tourist Park – pet-friendly, self-contained cabins and caravan sites
RV accommodation and campsites available at:
- Wilks Park, North Wagga – for stays up to 72hours
- River reserves located along the Murrumbidgee River
- Caravan parks (see above)
- RV parking at Wagga Wagga Visitor Information Centre, Tarcutta Street and Wagga Beach, Johnston Street
- Dump points at Wilks Park, North Wagga, Uranquinty rest area and Tarcutta truck exchange