Heritage Day in Gundagai
Sun 29 Apr 2018
Start your journey at the Gundagai Visitor Centre with:
- Rusconi’s Marble Masterpiece – A cathedral made out of 21,000 individual pieces of NSW marble, lovingly hand carved over 28 years.
Before you leave, be sure to grab a town map! Our friendly staff will be able to direct you to all the heritage points of Gundagai.
Be sure to stop at:
- The Old Gundagai Gaol – free Guided tours at 10am and 11am.
- The Historic Gundagai Museum – view a vast collection of historic items!
- The Gundagai Railway Station – a superbly restored building looking almost identical to how it did when it was first opened in 1886!
- The Gabriel Photographic Collection – Gabriel’s visual record of the late 1800s to the early 1900s
Enjoy light refreshments at one of Gundagai’s many cafes or head to the Gundagai Bakery which opened in 1864 and is reputed to be the oldest working bakery in Australia; noted for its prize winning pies and pastries.
The regular Sundy in Gundy Markets will also be held along Sheridan Street and offers an extensive range of crafts, gifts, plants and edibles – you’re bound to find a special bargain on offer!
YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE:
Our top picks for kids this summer - there's plenty to keep them busy all summer long in Wagga!